Get Ready for Pumpkin Spice Everything!
It is the beginning of fall and that can only mean that pumpkin season is here with us again. The pumpkin has a rich history of how it rose from being slave’s food to the great American Icon for the Fall Season. During Fall Americans are obsessed with the pumpkin and this is very evident from all the promotional offers of pumpkin-related products. You can literally get everything flavored in pumpkin; coffee, ale, donuts, pies and event tea! Beyond consumption, it is also used as a seasonal décor material.
Tips to pick the best pumpkins
During fall there are a variety of pumpkins in the markets; some for food and some for decorative purposes. Thus, if looking for pumpkins or squash for cooking, below are some of the things you should consider:
- Orange pumpkins will usually be a good indicator of a ripe melon. However, in some instances, there are green pumpkins that are also ripe.
- If you are not able to test by color, you can thump the pumpkin. If ready, it should produce a hollow sound.
- If ready, the pumpkin skin should be hard, and the stem attached to it should be brown and woody.
- If you are not able to use any of the above measures, you can request for sugar or pie pumpkins at the grocery stores.
Easy to Make Pumpkin Treats
Pumpkin is a healthy ingredient that can be used to make meals for both kids and adults. Fall is the best time to treat your taste buds to the supremacy of the pumpkin:
Whipped Pumpkin Dip
- Mix pumpkin, pudding mix and whip cream, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- It can be taken by the spoonful or used to dip fruits such as apples, strawberries, and
- Freeze some pumpkin puree for about three hours to produce solid pumpkin cubes.
- Add yogurt, milk or apple juice and the solid cubes to a blender and mix them up.
- If you like you can add some honey to sweeten and smoothen it.
Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds
- Place dry pumpkin seeds on a dry non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Constantly toast them on the pan so that they can roast evenly without sticking to the pan.
- Once they pop and peel, they are ready to be caramelized.
- Lower the heat, add some olive oil and sugar to the seeds and stir constantly.
- Once the sugar has melted, turn down the heat and sprinkle some little salt and allow to cool before serving.
Jack O’ Lantern
Pumpkins became a classic part of Halloween because of Jack the Legend of the Lantern. Carving Jack O’ Lanterns is a tradition highly associated with Halloween. The best pumpkins for Halloween have slightly ribbed skin and are orange in color. Connecticut Field is the best variety as it can be used for pies as well as carving.
Don’t be caught off guard as we enter the fall season. Get your stash of squash ready for the most delicious and legendary meals as well as for the Halloween Festivities. And let South Florida Bounce and Slide add ‘pumpkin’ flavor to your fall with our Punisher, Toxic Water Revenge Slide, and Hurricane experiences!
For More Information on our rental equipment or to reserve your bounce house or waterslide rental today, visit our website at https://www.southfloridabounce.com/