Adding a Pet to the Home
There will come a time in every person’s life when they consider pet ownership or their child asks for a dog or cat. The decision to adopt a pet of any type shouldn’t be undertaken lightly. A pet is a lifelong commitment – their lifetime, not yours. Animals are living beings with feelings and needs – not a disposable accessory.
It’s your responsibility to ensure pets are fed, vaccinated, have the physical comforts required, and children are taught how to treat the animal with kindness, caring, and compassion. No matter how much your child begs, you need to honestly evaluate your child’s maturity level before adding a pet to the family.
- Canines need to be trained not to relieve themselves indoors and it takes time and patience. Smaller breeds will need to relieve themselves more often.
- Dogs and cats go through teething like kids and will chew on anything available
- Keeping animals in ‘training cages’ often leads to boredom and destructive behaviors
- Dogs need obedience training
- You’ll need a pet sitter if you travel frequently
- If you get a cat, they’ll need a litter box that will require daily cleaning
- Pets shed and it increases when they’re stressed
- You may be allergic and not know it
- There are considerable expenses associated with a pet
- Depending on their natural behavior patterns, they can be noisy at night
- If a dog attacks someone, you can be sued for any medical costs and the dog may be taken and euthanized
- You’re liable if your dog destroys someone’s property
- Pets can outlive you
- All animals don’t like kids
- Pets provide unconditional love and comfort
- They empathize with you
- They relieve stress
- Pets can be the impetus for you to get more exercise
- Pets don’t judge you
- They look to you for love and comfort – yes, even cats
- Pets reduce blood pressure
- Pets improve mental health
Having an animal companion can be one of the most rewarding experiences you’ll have, but it’s also an expensive undertaking and requires commitment. Adopting from a shelter provides a forever home to a deserving animal and aids in curtailing pet mills. Never give an animal as a gift for Christmas, Easter, or other occasion.
For More Information on our rental equipment or to reserve your bounce house or waterslide rental today, visit our website at https://www.southfloridabounce.com/