Playlist for Your Halloween Party
Of course we’ve heard of the classic songs that kept us all be-bopping to the music a gazillion years ago. But, do the kids know who sings the “The Monster Mash”? They will still enjoy these vintage songs most likely but kids are more prone to love what’s hot and trending. Here’s a list of great tunes that you can play at your next kid-friendly Halloween Party that will ‘smash the Monster Mash’!
- “Thriller” by Michael Jackson never gets old
- Beyonce’s “Haunted” and who doesn’t love the Queen B?
- Sharon Needles and Rupaul “This Club is a Haunted House”
- “Zombie” by Natalia Kills is a bit dark but can be really cool.
- No Doubt that Lady Gaga better be on that list with “Monster”
- “This is Halloween” by Danny Elfman which was a part of the Nightmare Before Christmas
- “Creep” by Radiohead has been redone by several artists. Try the original or look for a remake of epic proportions.
- “Superstition” by the Good Ole’ Stevie Wonder is still the jam!
- “Time Warp” from the Rocky Horror Picture Show is always a great tune, don’t let the kids watch the movie.
- The Scooby Doo soundtrack continues to crack my kids up every year.
- “Somebody’s Watching Me” by Freak on a Leash
- “Harry Potter Prologue” by Silly Slinky
- “Witch Doctor” by New Kids in Town
- “Highway to Hell” by ACDC
- Don’t forget to get “Halloween Sounds” this is a ‘Must Have’.
For CD’s that you can play rather than finding and putting together your own playlist check out “Now That’s What I Call Halloween” and “The Best of Halloween” these both have various artists that will keep you party jumpin all day or night.
For kid-friendly movies check these out:
- Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder (the original)
- Beetle Juice with Michael Keaton an excellent choice for a scary night
- Nightmare Before Christmas is a super-ultra-classic
- Any, Any, Any Harry Potter movies
- Buffy the Vampire series (for older kids)
- ET was great because the opening scene was during Halloween.
- Hocus Pocus is awesome for the little witches running around.
Well, there you have the ultimate holiday. You can now begin and you don’t have to do a lot of pondering on what is going to keep the little creeps and ghastly ghouls entertained.